Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 34

Though I'm not craving food still (which totally wigs me out) and my stomach still isn't rumbling, today I felt I got tired more quickly and just a little bit less energy than before. All I had today was my morning cup of coffee and two iced teas (no ice, no sugar).

The puppeteers group I had hoped to interest in going to Sudan to provide some sense of hope and a few hours of humor and levity to a seemingly hopeless situation -- have not responded to my emails to them. I visited them in the neighboring town where they have their studio where their website said they were having a Work Day open to the community. I joined in with about eight others, putting on the final layers of papier mache on the masks they had designed. It was a very nice work environment and nice to meet the other people also volunteering. It seems from my conversations with the lead puppeteers that they are very reluctant to committing themselves to the idea of going to Sudan. They keep saying they have so many other projects to deal with first. Maybe it's as simple as that we need to get to know each other better. I'll do my best to keep the idea alive.

I was able to finish all the work I set out to do today -- which really amazes me. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to Asheville, about 5 hrs away, to speak at a public forum about a pending bill restructuring cable TV ownership regulations. See how I've become politically liberated?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home