Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 21

I went to my local newspaper office to tell them about my fast. The editor said it is not as compelling to talk about a 'partial' or 'limited' fast (ie, one where I've allowed myself a mini-portion of food once or twice), so I have upped the ante and for the rest of the 40 days this will be a total fast without even water.

I know I have made a major shift in my thinking from one of feeling unable or unworthy to be a participant in the political process, to one where I feel it is important that my elected officials know about this fast. Today I sent out personalized messages to my U.S. Representative and to my two U.S. Senators telling them about my fast. Asking them to continue to be proactive about Darfur, challenging them to be creative about what else they can do, and asking them what else I can do.

I have all their websites bookmarked and will continue to watch what they are doing in D.C. This is a big shift for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home