Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day 11

I had my first solid substance today -- at the communion table. I have told only a few people at church about my 40-day journey. I felt full of energy today with no slumps and this amazed me.

I visited the home of friends who invited me to join them for lunch even though they knew I was fasting. "You mean you can't even have a salad??" she asked. And so it goes.

The head of the African Union forces currently overseeing the situation in Darfur has said that getting that peace agreement signed was "like extracting something from a lion's jaw." When you hear it phrased that way it takes you away from the headlines and gives you a sense of just how prickly and tenuous the situation is. He predicts the peace pact is so fragile that if the pace of outside assistance in the next two weeks isn't significant, there will be peril like the world has never seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home