Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day 12

This is Monday's post. A friend I used to work with at the Times came to visit me from New York. We hadn't seen each other for a year. I was anxious that I look and act as normal as possible so she wouldn't be concerned for me. She told me she had something to tell me. I replied I had something to tell her. It turns out she has an esophagus disorder and can hardly swallow food. I told her I can't even eat food. We were quite the odd couple sitting at the restaurant trying to have fun without food. I had a coffee even though I know it's not the greatest thing on a fast; and poor Sandy was trying so hard to swallow her quiche most of which she left on her dish gouged here and there by stabs of the fork and the salad untouched. I didn't have a bad reaction to the caffeine. I feel great.

She did inform me, however, that she sensed I was not all together, that I was acting spacey. So that's an honest outside opinion. She forced me to buy juice and drink it. To be honest, I don't even want water but I do force myself to have at least that.

I keep remembering what that AU leader said about two weeks . If there aren't forceful measures taken to bring Darfur to peace in the next two weeks, their will be disaster like the world has never seen. Everybody wants power. All of us must continue calling and emailing our elected officials to remind them their constituents still care and demand more positive action in Sudan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home